maven-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Boué <guillaume_b...@orange.fr>
Subject Re: Cannot build current master.
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2016 19:21:25 GMT
Regarding this failure, I think it is caused by a capitalization
issue... The test is looking for
"missing-artifactid-pluginManagement.xml" (lowercase "i" at artifactid)
while the file on disk is called
"missing-artifactId-pluginManagement.xml" (uppercase "i"). I don't have
the issue on Windows (since I believe it is case insensitive), and don't
have a Ubuntu box to test this right now.

To me, we just need to change line 647 of DefaultModelValidatorTest to
have an uppercase "i" at "artifactId".

Guillaume

Le 11/10/2016 à 07:47, Karl Heinz Marbaise a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> interesting, cause I couldn't reproduce the issue on my system ..only
> the build server shows an test failure...
>
> I need to investigage the reason for that ...cause other tests from
> the same folder working...
>
> Are you running on Linux / Mac / Windows ? Java Version?
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz
>
> On 11/10/16 01:27, Christian Schulte wrote:
>> Just updated current master and am getting test failures. Just my local
>> checkout?
>>
>> $ env LC_ALL=C git branch
>> * master
>>   maven-3.x-next
>>
>> $ env LC_ALL=C git status
>> On branch master
>> Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
>> nothing to commit, working directory clean
>>
>> testInvalidArtifactIdInPluginManagement(org.apache.maven.model.validation.DefaultModelValidatorTest)

>> Time elapsed: 0.04 sec  <<< FAILURE!
>> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: missing resource:
>> /poms/validation/raw-model/missing-artifactid-pluginManagement.xml
>>         at
>> org.apache.maven.model.validation.DefaultModelValidatorTest.read(DefaultModelValidatorTest.java:46)

>>         at
>> org.apache.maven.model.validation.DefaultModelValidatorTest.validateRaw(DefaultModelValidatorTest.java:79)

>>         at
>> org.apache.maven.model.validation.DefaultModelValidatorTest.validateRaw(DefaultModelValidatorTest.java:59)

>>         at
>> org.apache.maven.model.validation.DefaultModelValidatorTest.testInvalidArtifactIdInPluginManagement(DefaultModelValidatorTest.java:647)

>> Failed tests:
>>
>> DefaultModelValidatorTest.testInvalidArtifactIdInPluginManagement:647->validateRaw:59->validateRaw:79->read:46

>> missing resource:
>> /poms/validation/raw-model/missing-artifactid-pluginManagement.xml
>>
>> [INFO] Maven Model Builder ................................ FAILURE [
>> 22.377 s]

---
Avast.