maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SUREFIRE] JUnit 5 support - how to move things forward?
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 17:41:41 GMT
Hello Tibor,

Tibor Digana <tibordigana@apache.org> schrieb am Di., 4. Okt. 2016 um
02:14 Uhr:

> +1 to adopt JUnit 5 provider to Maven Surefire git branch.
> You would have to extend AbstractSurefireMojo.java with JUnit 5 provider in
> classpath builder.

I see, we would have to implement a ProviderInfo for JUnit 5. I think I can
work on thins.

> Do we have to keep using other license?

JUnit is EPL. I talked to Marc and they asked all contributors to
explicitly state that they are donating the code under the terms of EPL.
I'm not sure how we would handle it. If they explicitly contribute the
code, it should be no problem. Or do we have to talk to legal?

> Can we ask the JUnit team to continuously migrate stable changes to
> Surefire?

I think there should be only one home for the provider. Either it is
maven-surefire or it's junit but not both. So if we decide to take over the
provider they will probably stop maintaining their own implementation
because it is not their scope. I've volunteered to help maintaining the
code since I'd like to get involved in the maven project and in junit. If
that's not enough, we have to find a different solution.

Regards,
Benedikt