maven-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: colored console
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 09:05:27 GMT

> @Herve What do you think about Romain's concept: --color-info=blue
> --color-error=red --color-warning=yellow-bold
> @Romain In MVN 3.4 you can override the colors via system properties, e.g.
> -Dstyle.info=bold,blue

~same as --xxx since it is passed on the command line right?

> @Romain, if we had "--color-surefire-test=blue" in CLI then all plugins
> would require to have the same principle.

can be a good feature actually (promoting plugin options to the CLI), that
said as mentinonned -D are equivalent in term of feature for now

> What if some users want to cover only some part of the text with colors and
> combine with multiple colors?

What about having the logger-like implementable in groovy in ~/.m2 with a
MDC (plugin, phase, plugin specific meta)? this way you can customize it
programmatically locally pretty easily keeping a default in maven "core".

> On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com
> >
> wrote:

> > > Romain, did you mean ${maven.projectBasedir}/.mvn/maven.config [1] ?
> > > Some extension or maven.config.
> > > [1] https://maven.apache.org/docs/3.3.1/release-notes.html
> > >

> > Could be if all options are mapped to the command line but was more
> > thinking to a color oriented config (globally and overridable by plugin)
> >
> > In maven config it would be something like:
> >
> >     --color-info=blue --color-error=red --color-warning=yellow-bold
> > etc.... --color-surefire-test=blue
> >
> > Not a "syntax" I'm in love but in the home and working so would be ok too
> >

> > > On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 12:20 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> > rmannibucau@gmail.com

> > > current
> result
> > or