maven-dev mailing list archives

From Tibor Digana <tibordig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: POM Model version 4.1.0 in 3.4.0-SNAPSHOTs
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2016 09:09:24 GMT
Hi Robert, as I am reading your comments, I see the situation is not
be so tragic :)
What about to let m-deploy-p and m-release-p to decide on modelVersion
of consumer project as the minimum version. If for instance a new
scope value is available in <dependency/> of your project POM, then
the plugin would decide to align modelVersion to higher than 4.0 and
lower or equal to modelVersion in reactor's parent POM.
This would guarantee that the consumer POM has minimum conflicts and
maximize consumers community who can use this POM from Maven Central

To override the modelVersion in Consumer POM:

<configuration>
   <targetConsumerModelVersion/>
</configuration>

--