maven-dev mailing list archives

From Tibor Digana <tibordig...@apache.org>
Subject obtain java spec version from Forked VM
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 09:56:38 GMT
I want to obtain java.specification.version from forked JVM started from
Toolchain.
I need to know if the JDK is Jigsaw 9 or lower.
Robert gave me advise to run "java -version" and parse the string but the
problem is that it is VM version and not the specification version of Java
language, and maybe vendor specific.

I can call this: but I have to then create a jar or run class.

CommandLineUtils#executeCommandLineAsCallable()

from maven-shared-utils.

Do we have any Maven artifact simply  embedding all this and just returning
the version 1.8, 9, or so?