maven-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schulte ...@schulte.it>
Subject Re: POM Model version 4.1.0 in 3.4.0-SNAPSHOTs
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 21:45:19 GMT
Am 08/23/16 um 01:12 schrieb Stephen Connolly:
> On Monday 22 August 2016, Christian Schulte <cs@schulte.it> wrote:
>> That won't scale. What is to note here is that the XML schema or
>> anything syntax does not change between 4.0.0 and 4.1.0. It's just that
>> Maven 3.4 performs the dependency management import differently when
>> operating on a 4.1.0 POM instead of a 4.0.0 POM.
>

> But what happens when maven [2.0-3.3.4) download that Pom?
>
> If the answer is "blow up" then I am -1

Just to throw another one into the discussion. How to handle a change in
behaviour like this?

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5761>

Committed to the maven-3.x-next branch already.

<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=commit;h=d69dd31389b62264686e339e6c60dc5d7c26d4b1>

See my last comment on that issue. This requires a bump in model version
as well. Version ranges make it impossible to deploy the effective
dependencies after management (classically or transitively) again.

Regards,
--
Christian