maven-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SCM-677
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 18:31:17 GMT
Am 2016-07-29 um 20:25 schrieb Johan Huylebroeck:
> Hello,
> I wasn't aware of this "--parent" option.
> That is indeed the simplest solution.
> Next 2 weeks I'm offline but after that I'll be happy to contribute to a patch.

Good. Prepare a patch, add appropriate unit tests and ping me in the
ticket. I will review and apply.

by first adding all directories leading up to the file(s) before adding the file.
>> Suppose I want to add file A/B/c. The svnAddCommand could first do  "svn add -depth=empty
A A/B" and then "svn add A/B/c"
>> This may result in some (harmless) warning if the directories are already in svn
but is relatively simple to implement.
>> Would you be willing to accept a patch that implements this?
>
> This is actually weird. Have you checked the targets file?
> I have just replayed the issue without debugging it. I do assume that with A/ the directory
is traversed and added to targets. --non-recursive is deprecated and your problem is that
in A/ --parents is misisng.

> What about dropping --non-recursive and adding --parents instead? This is easy to fix
and can be checked with A and a/