maven-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributing to Apache Maven
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 11:19:18 GMT
Just to be clear about this; only actual committers on the project are
allowed to assign an issue to themselves. If you want to fix an issue
you will just need to attach a patch to the jira or a pull request.

Kristian

> If you have registered for a Jira account then you should be able to
> add a Comment to any Jira ticket. Is there one in particular you would
> like to work on? Feel free!
>
> You can also just send an email here, saying "I am having a look at
> MAVEN-123". Nobody restricts you from working on a ticket!  You can
> also just start work and then provide the pull request - but engaging
> on the lists can help ensure you don't to double-work concurrently
> with someone else.
>

> If you are unable to comment on the issue, let us know your Jira
> username and perhaps we can check the permissions.
>

> On 29 June 2016 at 20:31, Rajiv Jain <rajivpriyankajain@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Could someone have a quick at this? I have been kindly waiting and wish to pick up
a ticket.

>> Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rajiv
>>
>>> On 21 Jun 2016, at 20:15, Rajiv Jain <rajivpriyankajain@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have created a JIRA account and wish to assign myself a JIRA ticket. How can
I assign a ticket to myself? It mentions on the wiki, that I should add a comment so that
people know that you are working on this issue. Is this correct or am I looking at outdated
information?

>>> Secondly, if I would like to make fixes as per the JIRA issues. So, if I use
Git what is the branching model you use?