maven-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schulte ...@schulte.it>
Subject Re: [2/2] maven git commit: [MNG-6006] Import Aether to Maven codebase
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2016 14:26:00 GMT
Am 06/12/16 um 16:14 schrieb Karl Heinz Marbaise:
> Hi Christian,
>
> On 6/12/16 4:06 PM, Christian Schulte wrote:
>> Am 06/12/16 um 15:56 schrieb Karl Heinz Marbaise:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We might make a few weeks later a bug fix release 3.4.1 which contains
>>> those changes...but this changes behaviour so we might need to make a
>>> 3.5.0 ...
>>
>> That same discussion will take place for Maven 3.5, 3.6, 3.7 and so on.
>
> Hm..very pessimistic...

Experience.

>> That's an endless story, really. It's bugfixes correcting misbehaviour
>> people rely on without noticing.
>
> You know and I know but people will only see it changes behaviour which
> results into changing their builds but they say Maven is causing an
> issue...and the end of the story. They blame Maven...

I would tell them to go use something else and would stop considering
people refusing to fix theire projects demanding us to stall all
progress. That has reached a point of ridiculousness hard to believe.

>> Can someone create a 3.5 version in JIRA, please.
>
> Done so.

Thanks. Will revert some commits now depending on a recent Aether and
will downgrade to the latest Aether@Eclipse again.