maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: maven git commit: [MNG-3507] added color to Maven execution output messages
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2016 05:36:02 GMT
Le vendredi 17 juin 2016 09:39:45 Robert Scholte a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> a few remarks to the API ( I like the idea of it ).
> - use strong() instead of highlight()
ok for this one

> - use text() instead of a()
I'd prefer to stay with the good JANsi idea: a is short, and represent
"append" in a text buffer.

> Do we want to be able to nest styles (or mimic it)?
> e.g *strong* please ensure to replace this method before *warn* 1-1-2017
> *_warn* !!! *_bold*
> If so, we'd better use matching closing methods, like we do with Doxia Sink
no, no nesting styles: there is reset() to reset

> JANSI api shouldn't be leading, but what we think is general enough for
> every ANSI implementation
JAnsi API is just a good idea to match ANSI capabilities
I'd say that an API done for rendering HTML should not be leading ANSI
rendering, since the capabilities are really different

> thanks,
thanks for ideas and discussion: this is a area we have to discover