maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>
Subject Re: Massive number of failing ITs
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 20:27:02 GMT
This is what I wrote for people trying to contribute to core:

http://takari.io/2014/06/01/contributing-to-maven-core.html

And what I use to smoke test contributed PRs:

https://gist.github.com/jvanzyl/16da25976f8ad27293fa

> On May 19, 2016, at 3:00 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarbaise@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Jason,
>
> i would like to know more details about that setup cause i'm thinking for a longer time
to make a setup of the IT environment via Docker etc. this would mean having a consistent
and reproducible environment for
> running the it's...
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz
>
> On 5/19/16 1:29 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>> Igor, Anton, and myself between OS X, Linux and Windows have 40 IT failures in Maven
master right now.
> > I’ve had the same setup for 8 years, Igor and Anton have consistent
> >  setups as well.
> >  I’m not sure if people aren’t running the integration tests
> >  or what but it’s pretty sad. It’s not a small number of ITs that
> >  are failing. I’d really like to not have to git bisect back to a
> >  working state so if you’ve been making changes to core please
> >  run the ITs locally and double check what you’ve done.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder, Takari and Apache Maven