maven-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schulte <schu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven Core - Release 3.4.0?
Date Sat, 07 May 2016 21:52:25 GMT
Am 05/07/16 um 20:05 schrieb Karl Heinz Marbaise:
> Hi to all,
>
> based on the number issues which have been fixed in the current 3.4.0...
>
> I would like to ask if there are objections to make a new release within
> the next 2 or 3 weeks...except we have very important fixes to do?..

There are some bug fixes pending to be applied to Aether. I would not
want to release 3.4.0 without an Aether release containing these bug
fixes. There is an ongoing effort to move Aether from Eclipse back to
Apache. This needs to be finished first so that the bug fixes can be
applied and released from Apache. I do not know the current state
regarding that transition. Seems the package names will change and
things like that. This should all be part of 3.4.0.

Regards,
--
Christian