maven-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Finneid <tfinn...@fcon.no>
Subject Re: Information about how to develop plugin
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 22:07:03 GMT

Hi Andreas

Thank you for answering. I did have a look at a couple of other plugins,
but I dont understand quite why they work or how. Also each do things
differently and they do things change in different versions and
documentations get deprecated and such, so there are many variables to
try to navigate.

That turns it all into and guesswork where I just hope I understand what
works and how, until something breaks, cause I was just guessing anyway
or did an unqualified judgment.

I was hoping to find some form of authorative texts or explanations, so
I would have some solid foundation to build on, as I develop stuff and
get more and more experience.

That would make it a bit easier to become selfsufficient and to a
certain degree know if I was on the right track or not.

Maybe this could be somehting the documentation could be enhanced with?

Regards

Thomas