maven-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Finneid <tfinn...@fcon.no>
Subject Information about how to develop plugin
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 19:51:21 GMT
Hi

I am looking into developing a maven plugin for a Scala testing
framework named ScalaCheck.

I was wondering if there is any up to date articles or such, that
explain the main concepts of maven internals, its archtecture, work
separation between modules, how it fits together in the build process
and so on.

I have run through the plugin developer article about how to create my
first mojo, so I have a simple plugin that prints Hello World in my
desired phase.
I have looked through a lot of the documentation on plugin development
and some of the maven development documentation.
But I am having problems finding information that explains to me how
things work and how to do stuff or how to access stuff in maven.

All plugins do things and need to access information from maven, to be
able to do anything useful. E.g. a compiler plugin needs to access the
source files from the correct directories, it needs access to
dependencies and so on

As you migh guess I feel a bit lost, so any pointers, tips or
explanations would be appreciated.

Regards

Thomas