maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MNG-5799
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 19:47:30 GMT
Is the main issue that a lifecycle bound plugin always goes first?
Going through the issues it seems more about controlling plugin execution
orders with regard to plugin & pluginManagement, parent plugin &
pluginManagement, profile plugin & pluginManagement.
IMHO that's a much more critical issue, but that requires modifications to
the pom schema.
I didn't see all the usecases, but I noticed one about starting a server
during test. That's wrong! Either start it as part of the (JUnit) test are
use the pre-integration-test to start a server, stop it during
post-integration-test.

In one of the Jira issues Benjamin says that that lifecycle bound plugins
are handled a bit differently compared to other plugins. The details are
missing but it probably holds the key to its current behavior.

I would do *a lot of* testing when trying to change this, maybe it reveals
the reason.

If many projects suddenly break we should really decide if this is worth
implementing or that we need to teach our users to RTFM ;)

my 2c,
Robert