maven-dev mailing list archives

From Tibor Digana <tibor.dig...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Switching Maven HEAD to 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 08:59:15 GMT
@Stephen
Nice to have Lambda Expressions.

@all
Question.. Are we all open for reworking Java code to use Lambda
expressions and do we have spare time?
I am open for that but there are few pitfalls with Java8.
1. people may still use Java 6 or 7.
2. AFAIK Java 8 compiler involves Java 8 imports even if -source -target is
1.7.
3. sniffer plugin was not able to identify Java 8 class in sources if
signature is org.codehaus.mojo.signature:java17:1.0
4. what about toolchain. Can user have java_home set to JDK1.8 and
toolchain 1.7 without any problems?

Cheers
Tibor