maven-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Java version requirement for Mavan 3.4.x
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 07:16:40 GMT
The new module can/may require jdk8. It may even be possible to build the
provider with an older jdk - it depends on what they do in JUnit 8; most of
the lambda stuff can be used from older versions - but if they expose jdk8
types on public api's there's not much alternative. From a practical point
of view, it's slightly inconvenient to be the only project requiring jdk8
(but someone has to be first, so...)

But initially it should be only the new provider with an upped language
level.

Kristian