maven-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Java version requirement for Mavan 3.4.x
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 07:10:51 GMT
Technically, JDK8 is entirely undramatic for maven; I'm having a hard
time understanding why it should trigger any api changes or any other
"4.0" reasons.

I cannot make heads or tails of the supposed versioning policy, the
language is too convoluted for me or I'm just not smart enough.

If we are to stay aligned with current practice, jdk8 should be a
minor release. As for the actual topic of "should" we switch, i'm
always in favour of moving forwards. But not in any religious sense.

Kristian