maven-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Bug or feature: executing plugin without version
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 16:19:32 GMT
Scenario: I executed a plugin goal on command line and specified a version
(1.5). I then did it again without specifying a version. For the latter,
Maven chose the latest version (1.6) from my remote repository.

I was curious about the version selection; so I edited my POM and added a
/build/pluginManagement/plugin to lock down the version. When I executed
without the version on the command line again, the latest (1.6) was still
selected.

Don't you think that when I omit the version on the command line, if the
plugin version is specified in the POM, it should use the configuration? Is
this a bug or an intended feature? It's at least very surprising.

I need to execute a particular version of a plugin in a shell script, but I
don't want to specify the version in the script. I'd rather have it locked
in the POM but obviously the POM is not consulted in this case. WDYT?

Cheers,
Paul