maven-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schulte ...@schulte.it>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1719483 - in /maven/doxia/doxia/trunk: doxia-core/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/doxia/markup/ doxia-core/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/doxia/parser/ doxia-core/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/doxia/sink/ doxia-core/src/test/java/org/apach...
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2015 10:42:22 GMT
Am 12/12/15 um 11:20 schrieb Hervé BOUTEMY:
> is an API change in Doxia Sink API really necessary to add this HTML-specific
> feature (in very specific context)?

Not really that HTML-specific any more. I just renamed the method from
'ssi' to 'directive' locally.

> Because whatever how the method is named, it won't have general meaning for
> most parsers and sink implementations

Depends on how it is used. It's just a comment starting with a '#'
character which is handled differently than comments not starting with
that character.

> notice that this API change was detected and the CI is now failing...

Noticed it. Nobody can ever enhance the Sink API?

> And instead of accepting this Sink API change, I would prefer to avoid it for
> this feature

If a new method cannot be added to the Sink API, the only option would
be to handle the directives in every implementation of the following method.

     /**
      * Add a comment.
      *
      * @param comment The comment to write.
      * @since 1.1
      */
     void comment( String comment );

So every Sink implementation would need to start parsing comments then.
I'd like to avoid that.