maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Java version requirement for Mavan 3.4.x
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 07:17:37 GMT
Java 7 is not EOL: it's not free Oracle updates

if you look at slide 16 of our slides from ApacheCON [1], you'll see that
Oracle has even longer support period for Java versions than IBM: the only
difference is on the free period, that is more limited over time = nowadays
only strict 3 years

This was just for more accurate information: the discussion on upgrading or
not Maven core can continue :)

Regards,

Hervé