maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Inclusion of Maven on SDKMAN
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 15:25:57 GMT
Hi Marco,

Thanks for the explanations.

I understand that you would give Maven PMC a key (or one per PMC member to
better track, we'll see later) to update status of every released Maven
version: yes, having Maven PMC in charge of its choices against Maven
community using SDKMAN seems a decent idea, even if currently we let complete
freedom to users.

I'm still missing one key feature: how does the Maven PMC know what's the
current state of Maven configuration in SDKMAN? It seems there is currently no
report on what are version supported and which one is default?
I suppose I could install SDKMAN and as a SDKMAN user discover what the tool
tells me, but I don't want to use SDKMAN :)

Is data visible without SDKMAN? And particularly data about Maven = data that
would under PMC responsibility? (knowing the same on other tools supported by
SDKMAN would just be by curiosity)

Regards,

Hervé