maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Inclusion of Maven on SDKMAN
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 15:32:06 GMT
yes, Jenkins and SDKMAN are not the same beasts, but they share some common
ground: ideas from one may need to be adjusted.

IIUC, discovery of available Maven versions could work on SDKMAN exactly like
Jenkins
Then there is the choice on default: for Maven, we publish the recommended
version [1], and it is done with "currentStableVersion" property in maven-
site's pom [2]
Then extraction of this piece of information would be automatable also (and
AFAIK, Jenkins does not take this "default" info into account currently)

WDYT?

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maven.apache.org/download.cgi

[2]
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/site/trunk/pom.xml?revision=HEAD&view=markup

Le lundi 7 décembre 2015 09:01:43 Marco Vermeulen a écrit :
> Most of the big projects want to do this. It puts them in control of
> releasing and announcing their artifacts. FWIW, this is the model that
> Gradle, Groovy, Grails, Ceylon and many others are following.
>
> Also, comparing sdkman to Jenkins is like comparing apples to oranges.
>
> Cheers,
> Marco.
>
> On Mon, 7 Dec 2015 at 08:57, domi <domi@fortysix.ch> wrote:
> > FWIW: I would try to free projects from having to do this - e.g. SDKMAN
> > could crawl for new versions like Jenkins and Hudson are doing it [1].
> > This way you don’t rely on anyone doing this and you get all versions
> > integrated for free.
> > /Domi
> >
> > [1] https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Adding+tool+auto-installer
> >
> > > On 07 Dec 2015, at 08:23, Marco Vermeulen <vermeulen.mp@gmail.com>