maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: easing Maven parent poms management
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2015 10:49:50 GMT
+1 for releasing them at the same time where that makes sense

The only case I can see against is if we want to aggregate more into the
release scope, eg

Say we just take all the skins and the skins parent and move them all into
a guy repo and release the lot of them every time?

In other news, one of the things I am hoping to get (work) time to work on
is releasing everything in the reactor in order. I currently have a "magic"
Ruby script that parses the pins to determine the correct sequence and
parses the SCM logs to see if there are any changes to release and then
goes through each release root, run release:prepare release:perform,
updates all the downstream dependencies (in the outer reactor) and
continues down the (updated after dependency updates) release chain until
there is nothing left to do.

I plan to add a goal tithe release plugin to make the above possible
without my yolo.rb script