maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject easing Maven parent poms management
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2015 09:03:34 GMT
Currently, we have 5 Maven parent POMs [1] (not counting Doxia), each with its
own release cycle.
Releasing each separately is a pain. And knowing which pom is at which version
is a pain also.

What would you think of:

1. setting the same version to every Maven parent POM: next would be version
29, since the maximum currently is plugins parent at 28

2. releasing the 5 POMs in only one release

This would mean putting all the poms in pom svn [2] (currently plugins parent
is in plugins, shared in shared, skins in skin...).
I still don't know if the best bet is to make Maven parent the release root:
maven
   |-- plugins
   |-- shared
   |-- skins
   |-- archetypes

or if we should create a new parent that is only used as reactor

any opinion?

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maven.apache.org/pom/index.html