maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Maven Release Version Policy
Date Sat, 31 Oct 2015 10:55:18 GMT
I don't know what "Cloudbees conventions" are, and how they are superior to
everything else = what I understand from the README

if we were able to better describe this policy, and compare different policies,
that would give a meaning to adding more and providing them by default in the
plugin to let users configure in the plugin policy to match the effective
convention they use

So, as the code currently says "cloudbees convention" without saying what it
is, but just that it fixes everything (which is an assertion I can't trust), I
don't see the point in integrating it in the plugin

but I see the interest in adding more version policies, describing them in a
neutral way (= strictly what they do), to let end users choose an
implementation matching their need (ie their effective convention)

Regards,

Hervé