maven-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Scholte <r.f.scho...@hisphone.nl>
Subject Re: Maven Release Version Policy
Date Sat, 31 Oct 2015 14:18:25 GMT
IIRC Simone did an attempt but stopped  when he discovered that the maven-release-plugin wants
to know the version up front where as semver requires compilation first causing a chicken
/ egg problem.

Robert

Verzonden vanaf Samsung Mobile.

Maven Developers List <dev@maven.apache.org> </div><div>Onderwerp: Re: Maven
Release Version Policy </div><div>
The ‘baseline’[1] goal.
It based on the BND Tool[2] (by Peter Kriens), gets the previous release (!) and check the
difference between the byte code.
Following semver, any new method (new feature) requires a new minor change. Changes in Interfaces
or method signatures are incompatible and forces a major change.
It is a bit more complex but not rocket science. :-)

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/releases/maven-bundle-plugin-3.0.0/doc/site/baseline-mojo.html
[2] http://www.aqute.biz/Bnd/Versioning

mit freundlichen Grüßen
Uwe Barthel