maven-dev mailing list archives

From Arnaud Héritier <aherit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Donation by the Apache Maven team: maven-eclipse-plugin
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 16:34:33 GMT
yes if nothing is specified in pluginManagement, maven will look into apache groupId firstly
and in mojo groupId in a second time
That’s why releasing a latest dummy version on apache side announcing the move may be a
good idea for all people using it to invite us to specify the required entry in the pluginManagement
to be sure to use the right one from mojohaus when a first release will be out. For that we
need to release a first version on mojohaus side and then the new dummy version on apache
side. The dummy version will be visible only by people who didn’t already set a version
the pluginManagement. Others will continue to use the one they configured.