maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Maven Release Version Policy
Date Sat, 31 Oct 2015 14:19:46 GMT
ok great!

IIUC, it calculates version per package, based on automatic API  comparison

for release plugin, we need to calculate a version of the whole artifact. And
since it's java, not OSGi, then there is no strict separation between API and
internal details, I fear such approach won't give a good result: it will often
find a difference in internal details

for whole artifact, when the more I think about it, the more I fear there is
no real (automagic) automation possible:
- some changes are internal, then are not to be taken into account
- some functional changes don't have any visible impact on API

Regards,

Hervé