maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>
Subject Re: Full migration to Git
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 12:30:31 GMT
I’m happy to jump in IRC and chat. I’m happy to help but really the only thing I work on
consistently is core which is in Git now. Every time we have this discussion it falls dead
or takes so inordinately long for infrastructure to do I think everyone loses interest. What
I really want is the canonical repository at Github (like is allowed at the Eclipse Foundation)
as I think that would make processing pull requests and generally make the project more popular.
It would also ease the burden off Apache infrastructure

There might be a Maven Dev Hangout this week as well. Manfred, Karl and I need to do some
planning but people can show up there and we can chat as well about it.

> On Sep 9, 2015, at 2:00 AM, Barrie Treloar <baerrach@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Where are we at with this?
>
> I know enough to be dangerous - but not useful.
> And I need to the same migration at work (we've been contemplating moving
> off SVN for over 18 months but hey...)
>
> So learning how to do this and applying that knowledge on the Maven
> repositories is a benefit, but I am struggling to find anything that
> details the "whys" of doing things in particular ways.
> Its often just the scripts and the results.
>
> I'm happy to read if someone has links.
>
> Or be baby sat/mentored through a migration.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder, Takari and Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance
with your thinking.

 -- Johann von Goethe