maven-dev mailing list archives

From Mandy Chung <mandy.ch...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: JavaxToolsCompiler
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 20:43:23 GMT
On 09/14/2015 12:44 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:

> On 14/09/2015 20:21, Stuart McCulloch wrote:
>> Yes, the issue is that ToolProvider.getSystemJavaCompiler() is
>> returning null when using the Jigsaw EA with Maven.
>>
>> AFAICT this is because it’s now using the service loader mechanism
>> which is influenced by the Thread’s context ClassLoader
>>

> That may be a bug as I wouldn't expect the ToolProvider.getSystemXXX
> methods to locate the these tools via the TCCL.

I was talking with Jon about this.   This is a bug in ToolProvider that
it should call
    ServiceLoader.load(clazz, ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader());

Looking at ToolProvider, the getSystemToolClassLoader method catches my
attention that I think we should consider deprecating it since this
assumes there is one class loader loading multiple tools.

Mandy