maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Chylla <ejbga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] 2015 Committer School for people who want to become Maven Committers
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 15:23:04 GMT
Hello,

I have a question. I am trying to use Git in order to work with the source
code in the Maven Respository. When I find a Maven project issue on JIRA,
how do I determine which GitHub repository to make a fork of?

>From my understanding, https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/maven.git is
the location of the main git repository for Maven, but there is also a
separate repository for the integration tests for the Maven core (https:
//git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/maven-integration-testing.git), as well
as other components (Archetype, Indexer, Plugin Testing, SCM, Surefire, and
Wagon).

For example, one of the open JIRA issues that I am interested in working on
has the following components listed: Embedding
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG/component/12325608>, General
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG/component/12325623>, Logging
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG/component/12325605>,Performance
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG/component/12325616>, Reactor and
workspace <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG/component/12325615>.
There are two other issues that I am interested in; one displays
"Dependencies" after "Component/s", while the other displays "None."

I would also like to know whether the "Affects Version/s" section is
important. I am using Maven 3.3.3 on my machine. Is it important to use a
version of Maven that closely matches the affected version?

- Benjamin Chylla