maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Intend to release maven-assembly-plugin 3.0.0
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 17:05:27 GMT
> If it’s easy to make compatible why would you not do it?

Really, this is the only interesting point of disagreement here. It's
easy for _me_ to make it compatible. It's hard for readers of the
assembly descriptor documentation to digest and understand yet another
option that tweaks yet another micro-behavior. One user out of 10,000
might be disturbed by the arrival of a foo.filtered file. 9,999 users
out of 10,000 will have to wade through the extra doc. And some
unknown number of people will run into the (to me) bizarre current
behavior.