maven-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Intend to release maven-assembly-plugin 3.0.0
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 17:13:59 GMT
Hi Benson,

I have taken a look and i see only a small change which is very good
idea to do so, but which means the upgrade to 3.0.0 does not make sense.

An update to 3.0.0 indicates very important things to the user which is
not the case and that means 3.0.0 is more compatible to 2.5.X which
shouldn't be done, cause that would close the door for making real
incompatible changes to maven-assembly-plugin in release 3.0.0...

So my suggestions is to create a branch from the last release 2.5.5 and
make a 2.5.6 release instead which contains your fix and furthermore
you can add the fluido skin change as well with an appropriate JIRA
reference...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

O7/14/15 5:15 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:
> I have selfish/professional reasons to desire a release with a fix to
> MASSEMBLY-777, and the fix, involving an intentional incompatibility,
> needs to be 3.0.0, and, anyhow, the pom is all set up for 3.0.0 to be
> next. So I plan to start the process tomorrow morning EDT unless
> someone objects.

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Karl-Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl-Heinz Marbaise        USt.IdNr: DE191347579
Hauptstrasse 177
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de