maven-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Gudian <andreas.gud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User Community was (Re: number of bugs in maven-release-plugin)
Date Sat, 27 Jun 2015 15:21:03 GMT
robert.patrick@oracle.com>:

> The second time, I tried to interact around someone else's problem with
> mvnDebug.cmd.  No one ever responded.

That's not really true - people did respond, it's just that no one stood up
and put your suggestion into committable code.

As with many projects that have such a long history and a large number of
users, it is sometimes difficult to be heard. Look at Eclipse, Hibernate
ORM, Glassfish or the JDK itself. If you want something to be done, you
have to make sure that you make it as easy as possible for the committers
to review and apply the patch. And maybe make yourself heard if still no
one reacted... We all do things here in our free time for fun and sometimes
other stuff is more fun at a given time... ;-)

Anyway, someone else had opened a PR at github for that mvnDebug issue and
Jason had already created a corresponding Jira ticket for it... But nothing
really happened, yet.
You bringing that up now made me take a look and I'll fix it, basically the
way you suggested it, as it fit's what's done in the .cmd script.

So thanks for the heads-up!

Andreas