maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with Jenkins builds of invoker and assembly plugins
Date Sun, 03 May 2015 19:27:37 GMT
Op Fri, 01 May 2015 22:59:05 +0200 schreef Dennis Lundberg
<dennisl@apache.org>:

> Hi,
>
> After doing some work on the Checkstyle Plugin today, I noticed that
> several of our Jenkins jobs for plugins are failing. I looked into it
> and found a couple of problems.
>
> 1. maven-invoker-plugin is added as a module in two different
> profiles; java-6 and maven-3. The first one because it requires Java 6
> and thee second one as a workaround for MNG-3814. The problem is that
> the invoker plugin gets built if Java 6 OR Maven 3 is used. This fails
> some of the Jenkins jobs. Is there a way to require Java 6 AND Maven 3
> to activate a profile?

https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4565 fixes AND-activation.

I think Dan Tran tried to do a fixed, but discovered too late that the
introduced dependency requires Java6.
The strategy is already to move the plugin requirements to both Maven3 and
JDK6, so this is probably no issue.
For now the plugin is in a bad condition, so maybe it is better to revert
those last commits and reopen the related issue, since the plugin requires
special attention due to maven-compat requirement for Maven3.

> 2. maven-assembly-plugin fails on Windows, and it fails for me locally
> on Windows as well. This is due to *nix-style absolute path references
> in outputDirectory in FileItemAssemblyPhaseTest. Not sure how to solve
> this. In my own projects I simply changes from
> <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory> to
> <outputDirectory></outputDirectory>, but I dare not change the tests.

If it is about path separators, I can have a look. Normally it shouldn't
be too hard to let it work for both separators.
You could also add an Assumption[1] to the test...

Robert

[1] http://junit.sourceforge.net/javadoc/org/junit/Assume.html