maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>
Subject Re: Migrating to maven 3 deps
Date Sat, 16 May 2015 12:27:46 GMT
The only issue here is it breaking builds. But if it's a major version change then probably
not a big deal. But being consistent for consistency's sake is generally not all that useful
for users.

On May 1, 2015, at 5:02 PM, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:

> Not really deps related, but we should make sure that we use the
> correct package names when upgrading plugins to require Maven 3. Many
> plugins use org.apache.maven.plugin as the package name, but it should
> be org.apache.maven.plugins (with an s at the end) to match our
> groupId.
>
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 10:43 PM, Robert Scholte <rfscholte@apache.org> wrote:
>> Not that I'm aware of, but I can think of several steps:
>> - compile/runtime should not depend on maven-compat (the
>> plugin-testing-harness still requires it, so test-scope is still required,
>> though)
>> - consider testing with a Maven distribution without maven-compat
>> - use the major release to do housekeeping: remove deprecated parameters,
>> use direct M3 method calls instead of by reflection.
>>
>> I'm working on artifact/dependency related issues for the install, invoker
>> and deploy plugins.
>> I've created branches for these to give me enough time to fix this
>> correctly.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Robert
>>
>> Op Thu, 30 Apr 2015 22:29:18 +0200 schreef Kristian Rosenvold
>> <kristian.rosenvold@gmail.com>:
>>

>>> Do we have any wiki page describing the migration steps that would be
>>> recommended to move a plugin from 2.2.1 deps to 3.x deps ?
>>>
>>> I'm thinking *both* in terms of avoiding deprecations and "other" troubles
>>> that may arise ?
>>>
>>> Kristian

> --
> Dennis Lundberg

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder, Takari and Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

A language that doesn’t affect the way you think about programming is not worth knowing.

 -- Alan Perlis