maven-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Gudian <andreas.gud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do we want to go for gitpubsub?
Date Fri, 01 May 2015 13:14:05 GMT
Anyone who has ever done a release of a large plugin like surefire from a
european location knows what a pain it is to svn-commit a couple of
thousand files. It takes hours, but only if you're lucky and the process is
not interrupted by the server.
I had to dance around that by zipping up the locally generated site, scp it
to people.a.o and commit it from there. Every time I did that, I thought
about how cool it would be to just push one git-commit - it would be done
in seconds.

So I'd be all in favour of that. Depends on how that would be structured,
though. Everything in one big repository? Or could it be sliced into parts
of the different areas of the sites, like main maven pages, the
single-module plugins, and dedicated repositories for the bigger plugins?