maven-dev mailing list archives

From Venkata Ravichandra Cherukuri <vcher...@ncsu.edu>
Subject Maven - Using one bundle and its dependencies in another
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 23:19:13 GMT
Respected Dev's,

   I am currently trying to build an application for ODL controller. I am
using Apache Maven 3.1.1 for building my bundle.

I am facing issues (specifically: erroneous imports ) when I am trying to
use a pre-exisiting bundle ( lets say some "x.jar" file built by me earlier
using "mvn clean install") in my current project. The reason why I am doing
this is because I need a lot of packages/interfaces/classes which are
already existing in that bundle. I can't refactor them (
packages/interfaces/classes) into my current project directly because they
are huge in number. I have imported the jar file in eclipse and tried to do
"mvn clean install" but that doesn't help as the project has to be finally
built/compiled in Maven.

This <https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-3rd-party-jars-local.html> is
one thing which Maven allowed me to do but it did not give any fruitful
results.

Any pointers as to how to do it will be really helpful.

Best Regards,
Venkata Ravichandra Cherukuri,
Student, MS in Computer Networks,
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC.