maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>
Subject Re: Releasing entire maven-shared as a single release ?
Date Sat, 30 May 2015 15:17:24 GMT
If they have truly separate development cycles, then I think it best to try and move toward
meaningful (semantic) versioning for each component. Which means they have their own version
and are released individually.

As part of the Git migration I think putting components that have their own unique lifecycle
into their its own repository is more the direction we need to go in. Grouping everything
together and releasing them together I believe runs counter to having a good separation of
concerns in general.

> On May 30, 2015, at 11:03 AM, Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenvold@zenior.no>
wrote:

> I've been wondering if we should just give every component in maven-shared
> the same version number and always release all of the modules at the same
> time.... ? (this would influence an upcoming git migration....)
>

> Kristian

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl