maven-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Multi-threaded deploy at end
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 17:10:52 GMT
Hi,

On 5/11/15 4:20 PM, Jeffrey E Care wrote:
> Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarbaise@gmx.de> wrote on 05/08/2015 04:06:50 PM:
>
>> Do you know the total size of the artifacts which are uploaded ?
>> Can you analyze how many artiacts being uploaded ?
>> How long does your build take?
>> How many tests do you have?
>> How long take the tests to run?
>>
>> Do you know the number of lines of code (measured by SonarQube?) ( I
>> have about 439,000)...
>
> 103 total modules
> 945815237 bytes (901 MiB)
> 413 artifacts uploaded
> 1103 total tests in 7.22 min

7.22 min / 1103 tests = 0.39 s / test

sounds a little bit slow...means 2-3 tests/second...

I would assume 10-15 tests / second...

combined unit and integration tests ? Or clear unit tests?

What is your total build time?

7.33 min (test) + 13 Min (upload) =>  greater than 20 minutes? sounds to
slow...

> Our Sonar build has been broken since February, so I don't have accurate
> numbers there. Last figure was 296,301. Our upload is taking roughly 13
> minutes, so we're getting around 1.15 MiB/s...about 10x slower than you :(

Yeah that is strange...do you have a dedicated Nexus machine? What kind
of OS / File System ? RAM ? CPU's ? Which Nexus version do you use?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise