maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Feedback wanted on Checktyle plugin ruleset docs
Date Sun, 03 May 2015 09:09:46 GMT
option 3 is confusing

I like option 1, I find it more clear than option 2: I don't think we'll have
scalability issues, since the evolution we need to document won't change in
the future

notice that using Markdown, or perhaps html, you could use colspans to merge
content that is the same between version

and one idea: instead of "Reference", tell "provided by Maven Shared
Resources" or "provided by Checkstyle"

then this doc could explain "how to use a ruleset provided by Checkstyle" /
"how to use a ruleset provided by another artifact"

Regards,

Hervé