maven-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release Notes in Plugin Sites
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 12:41:57 GMT
This is a bit of a can of worms, but release notes (=jira issues) may very
well change after the release. This is a particular problem with deeply
componentized architectures like maven itself, issues fixed "somewhere" in
the bowels of the dependency hierarchy may turn out to have value that is
discovered after the release.

Sometimes such implications can lead to further issues at a higher level.
Hopefully they're of the "good" type :) Conceptually you could end up with
an "open" blocker issue after the release, although we do not have a
tradition for this....

Kristian