maven-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] JEP 238: Multi-Version JAR Files
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 22:43:12 GMT
The level of granularity feels wrong.

This sounds like it would make jar "heavier", potentially a lot heavier.
Another angle would be to manage versions 1-1 with jars, one jar for java
7, one for java 8, and so on. With >1 version in one jar, I am FORCED to
download versions of class files I'll never use. That seems like a bad idea
baked in.

Gary