maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Subject: [STOPPED] [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Archetype 2.3
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2015 15:32:32 GMT
it's good to undesrtand the details: yes, install vs verify...

Notice that it's a good thing (TM) to check releases during vote with verify
instead of install, so the local repository doesn't get polluted by local
build of a release that will later have an official build on central

should we change Jankins configuration with verify instead of install?

Regards,

Hervé

Le samedi 7 mars 2015 15:36:56 Karl Heinz Marbaise a écrit :
> Hi Hervé,
>
> what made me mad was that our buildservers haven't alarmed us on such
> problem...
>
> After diving a little bit into it i have found out the real difference
> between my usage on our build servers / in the bug description and my usage:
>
> The build servers use: mvn -Prun-its clean install
> I have used:           mvn -Prun-its clean verify (i use it allways)
>
> If i use mvn -Prun-its clean verify the maven-invoker-plugin (version
> 1.7) doesn't install all artifacts in the local integration test
> repository despite the fact of using the `install` goal, which seems the
> real problem. version 1.9 looks ok.
>
> If you use mvn -Prun-its clean install it will be installed during the
> module build in the users local repository...and will be accessible
> during the integration tests.
>
> This is the reason why it has not been itched us yet...
>

> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>
> On 3/7/15 3:12 PM, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> > ok, thank you for the precision: in this case, this is really a
> > showstopper
> >
> > the bug is more strange: it affects distribution but not git checkout :/
> >
> > hopefully, newer m-invoker-p version seems ok with distribution
> >
> > let's try...
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hervé
> >
> > Le samedi 7 mars 2015 13:53:09 Karl Heinz Marbaise a écrit :
> >> Hi Hervé ,

> >> I have added the appropriate log files for Maven 3.0.5, 3.1.1, 3.2.5
> >> where i have always the same issue with Maven Invoker 1.7....just for
> >> the record and for the history...
> >>
> >> If the bug had only itched Maven 2.2.1 i would have ignored but it
> >> itched all Maven versions...

> >> Of course i wrote so....but unfortunately not only Maven 2.2.1 all other
> >> maven versions as well...

Maven

pom.xml

Version to