maven-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Jekyll experiment
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 05:51:00 GMT
Hi Jason,

On 3/19/15 4:32 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> Anyone interested in trying a Jekyll experiment for our website?
 > Extract the useful documentation we believe there is
 >  and try to make working on the site a pleasurable

> experience that is easy for users to contribute to?

That's one the reason i would like to do some experiments with it...

> I'd like to try this because after this last release I'm frankly
 >  tired of looking at our pretty awful website.

> It's ugly, noisy, unmaintained, hard to navigate and personally
> just makes me not want to write anything. I would like to like
> writing documentation again and I think a more standard tool
>like Jekyll will help. I honestly dislike doing core
> releases because I have to use the site plugin. I created it, I can hate it and I do
hate it.

> Even if no one answers I'll try this experiment because
>I think there's only 10-15 useful documents in the whole site so it likely won't take
long.

I'm interested, cause for example my blog is jekyll based and it's
really simple to write docs via jekyll....

Furthermore i have started to revise pages (at the moment) i started
with some mini guides as a start...like this:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-building-for-different-environments.html
(which really needs an update)

So would like to help...

Kind regards