maven-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Release Notes in Plugin Sites
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 11:15:18 GMT
Hi Stephan,

the question on this is: What would be the benefit of this? Or in other
words: Will it bring supplemental information?

All the information is available as you already mentioned...if you
really interested you can find the information....

Apart from that i could think of using maven-changes-plugin to handle
this...which unfortunately would make the release process more
fragile...and which would mean to change the configuration for all 49
plugins...(here on apache)...

To be honest: Is that really worth the effort...?

What do the other devs think?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
On 3/10/15 12:01 PM, Krull, Stephan wrote:
> Hello Maven folks,
>
> I wonder if there is a possibility to include release notes for plugin versions into
the common maven site structure. the release notes are available via announcement email (i.e.
attached mail) or via JIRA issue tracker from i.e. http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/issue-tracking.html
.

> It would be helpful to have that information included in the standard maven site for
an (official) plugin. Probably in a new section on the overview page (i.e. http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/index.html)
or a new menu entry under menu section "Project Information".