maven-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Fedorenko <i...@ifedorenko.com>
Subject Re: move maven core to java 7?
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 20:34:05 GMT

On 2015-03-05 14:12, Kristian Rosenvold wrote:
> Actually Files.walkFileTree is just about the only NIO 7 feature we're
> not using. Anyone have any specific pointers/experience that actually
> show this being faster than the current strategy ?

I ran some tests about a year ago on a large 200K files source tree and
back then convinced myself Files.walkFileTree was noticeably faster.
That test was on linux. Today I tried to reproduce the same results on
osx and coulnd't, walking directory using new and old-style io perform
about the same. Sorry for the misinformation.

--
Regards,
Igor