maven-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: status of last plugins release with Maven 2.2.1 and Java 5 requirements
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 07:35:32 GMT
Hi,
On 3/3/15 5:45 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> Hi Maven devs,
>
> We're now near the objective [1]
>
> On 49 plugins, 37 reached the target (with m-pmd-p requiring Java 6 instead of
> 5) and 2 already jumped to Maven 3.0 requirement
> And maven-stage-plugin is on vote
>
> = 40 from 49: more than 80% of the job is done, great!
>
> Thank you to those who worked on this, particularly Karl Heinz who did a great
> part of it.
>
> This lets 9 plugins to release:
> - maven-scm-plugin

One issue open which could be moved to an other release......

> - maven-docck-plugin

Is ready for release...i can do that within the next days...

> - maven-jar-plugin
> - maven-patch-plugin

Is ready for release...i can do that within the next days...

> - maven-verifier-plugin

There had been some updates in the verifier shared component and it
would be wise to wait for a release of the shared component...

> - maven-archetype-plugin

Benson has made it work...I can do the release if no objections Benson?

> - maven-eclipse-plugin

> - maven-compiler-plugin

Release 3.3 seemed to be ready for release....I can if no one else would
like to do the release...

> - maven-doap-plugin

Currently a single issue open...

> Are there volunteers on each one, please?
>
> IMHO, we should write down the list of plugins and versions to the Maven 2 EOL
> page [2], to clearly store this info while it is available (copy/pasting the
> report) and link to versioned documentation of every plugin: if no objection,
> I'll do it in a few days.

This would be great...I can support if you need help...

> I think that we should also have a convention on each plugin (and perhaps each
> component) to document requirements history: I have no precise idea on the way
> to do that. Addition to plugin-info.html (with parameters in pom.xml)? Add a
> standard paragraph in index.html (and update maven-docck-plugin to check for
> it)? Any idea?
>
> Then we'll be able to upgrade to Maven 3.0 and Java 6 requirements in parent
> pom.
> And of course announce to users the plan towards plugins 3.x for Maven 3.0 and
> JDK 6 requirement (and remember full Maven 2.x EOL, that is not only Maven,
> but also plugins).
>
> Really good job: this gives a great consistency step that was lacking before.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> [1] https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/dist-tool-plugin/site/dist-tool-prerequisites.html
>
> [2] http://maven.apache.org/maven-2.x-eol.html

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Karl-Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl-Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de