maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Wippermann, Peter" <Peter.Wippermann.e...@talanx.com>
Subject AW: Multi module projects are build "too early" in a multi threaded build, causing it to fail
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:28:42 GMT

- Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr.
DE 99369940

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: igor@ifedorenko.com [mailto:igor@ifedorenko.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. März 2015 12:24
An: dev@maven.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Multi module projects are build "too early" in a multi threaded build, causing
it to fail

Maven 3.0.5 is kinda old, do you see the same behaviour with the latest
3.3.1 release? I believe there were changes in parallel build, but don't know if they address
your specific problem.

You may also want to try Takari Smart Builder [1]. It schedules build of the longest dependency
chain first (called "build critical path"), which results in significant reduction of overall
build time for some projects. I can help with setup (which is much easier with Maven 3.3.1,
btw) and other questions here or on Takari User google group.

[1] https://github.com/takari/takari-smart-builder

--
Regards,
Igor